Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8 Randoms

Good morning! I have a whole bunch of randomness for you this Wednesday a.m. Hope you don't mind.
We had a giant limb fall down the other day. It scared our pants off, and we are having some trees and more limbs removed as we speak. I awoke this morning to the sound of chainsaw and one of those chopping trucks going to town. Eli is mesmerized and terrified at the same time. Currently, he's attempting a nap while the chain saws and chopping truck (technical term) go at it. I hooked him up with a heater sound machine and turned on his fan full blast in hopes he doesn't sweat his cute bottom off. I should really invest in an actual sound machine for him. Anyway, this picture below is my baby's blond head. Do your babies do this? At your feet all day long? Eli is incapable of spending time by himself. If I leave the room for a second, I hear pitter patter feet running down the hall to find me. If I'm cooking, he's right under me. If I'm sitting, he climbing me. I tell him it's good and fun to play without mama, but no dice. Suggestions?

2.Eli is sort of following orders now. I hand him a wet diaper and tell him, "Take this to Daddy." And he does. I'll hear Matth in the other room say, " Oh, well, thank you bubba." Ha. ( Yes, we call him bubba. Not in the redneck way. It started out with me calling him babuh ( like baby) and somehow morphed.) My MIL is not a fan of this nickname. He'll also help me put clothes in the dryer, go get his shoes, etc. It's fun. He won't follow directions like the word, "no". Selective hearing.

3. He got this tractor for his birthday. He LOVES it now. He can't figure out how to sit down and push around with his feet, so he just stands up and walks around on it while standing. So cute.

This is his concentration face. He was focused.

4.Matth and I got our for our very first movie date since I was about 8 months pregnant. We saw Crazy Stupid Love. I was a little uncertain at first with the divorcing and womanizing, but the end kind of redeemed itself with the making amends. Somtimes I get awfully tired of every movie having cheating or divorce in it. I'd still say it was a good movie.


5. Eli is cutting about 7-8 teeth right now, all molars and incisors. Some days the don't bother him, some days they really bother him. Some days they really bother me. They take forever to come in. Hurry up and give him some relief please. That will make about 16 or so total teeth. Goodness.


6. I bought Eli his first pair of crocs the other day, and I LOVE them. They are perfect for outdoor play. He can get them filthy in the muddy puddles he seems to be a magnet for, and I simply rinse them off. I used to scrub his little shoes and hang them to dry for hours. Man, the things you learn as you grow into this mama thing.


7. Eli's newest obsession is cats. He still LOVES dogs, but he's recently added cats to his faves list. We used to have a cat, Rivers, and this cat is the neediest creature ever. Most cats like their space, but Rivers wants to be in your lap all the time. He's a talker too. If he wants outside, you hear it through the whole house, usually around 4 in the a.m. We love him, but when Eli was born, Rivers wanted in my lap specifically when i was feeding Eli. He would leap from the floor onto the boppy, with his nails, and basically be a huge nuisance. He wake Eli up around 3 in the morning, when I was feeding him in his nursery. Matth's parents acccepted the challenge, and we now get to visit Rivers at their house. Long story longer, eli is obsessed with rivers. He'll meow all day, only wants to look at books that have cat pages, points to his picture on our gallery wall. (yes, we put our pets' pics up). Obsessed. We've also been told 1 million times about cats possibly causing asthma in children by a family doctor. Have y'all heard that?


8.Eli's favorite song is "This little light of mine". He sticks his teeny tiny pointer finger in the air, hides it under a bushel, and blows it out. The cutest. He'll also sign "more" until we sing it 10 times straight.

I just heard a loud bang and some hollering. I'm fairly convinced tree-cutting may be one of the more dangerous jobs out there. There is a man way up high in the sky clinging to a limb and cutting it at the same time. I'll be back to show you some pics of the difference. My yard might see some sunshine for the first time in about 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment