Monday, May 2, 2011

Pizza, Graham crackers, and Bin Laden

Good Monday! I planned to blog today about Easter, and house stuff, and everything else that's happening in our life right now, but I just can't bring myself to talk about all that trivial stuff yet. First, I am hurting and praying for all those who have been affected by these tornados and storms in the Southeast. We hid in the closet for a few bad hail storms, but nothing else happened to us besides a few broken windows and lots of debris.

My brother's house has been without power since then and they have been visiting family and friends until it comes back on. I am grateful that's all that happened to them, but know only a few miles away much worse happened to others. A house is just a structure, and our eternal home is with God. I pray for the lives that were taken and hope those people knew God and are rejoicing with him now.

I'm also praying for Osama Bin Laden. That may seem wrong to you, but I just can't seem to agree with all the rejoicing going on. Am I glad there is less evil in the world? Yes. However, this morning, I watched as Facebook became filled with messages of  "Thank God Bin Laden is dead!" and those phrases didn't settle well.

I'm not even sure my husband quite agrees with me on this one, but I think Bin Laden was one of God's children too, and although it hurt Him to see his child do such evil acts, He still loved him and wanted him to turn to Him.

Proverbs 24:17, "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice"
Ezekiel 18:23, 33:11. "...As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!...

I'm still stewing over all these thoughts in my heart, but although the American side of me is glad this evil threat is no longer, the Christian in me is sad and not rejoicing over a death without Christ.

On a lighter note...here's a few pics of my baby...


I think if I'd let him, he would only eat pizza and graham crackers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. "I'm not even sure my husband quite agrees with me on this one, but I think Bin Laden was one of God's children too, and although it hurt Him to see his child do such evil acts, He still loved him and wanted him to turn to Him. "

    My sentiments exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Bin Laden. I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. Evil should not be repaid with evil but with kindness. and PRAYER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete