Thursday, February 3, 2011

Embrace the Camera.

(This post is from two weeks ago maybe, and I wrote it and saved it thinking I would just hit post, and be ahead of my game. Completely forgot about it. So, here it is...two weeks BEHIND my game.)

Hey friends! Today is another cold wintery day, and the barracuda is napping peacefully while I sip coffee and make plans for this weekend. Last Friday it was so nice out ( I showed you those pics yesterday), and tomorrow they say a wintery mix is a'comin. Boo. I would rather remember last week.

I kept trying to get that stinker to look at the camera and smile, but my ogre of a dog was busy dropping his slobbery dirty tennis ball on my lap trying to get me to throw it. That was way more interesting than smiling at the camera, so Eli is staring at the dogs or at the nasty ball in my lap this whole time.


Oh well...try, try again.
Here is his contemplating picking up that dirty ball with his hands and tasting it for himself. He only succeeded once (maybe twice).

Today's not only trash day, it's embrace the camera day. Go grab a camera and take a pic of you and your family, and show it to me! Make some memories with YOU in it!

here are the rules for embrace the camera:

1. take a picture with you and your kids/spouse/family member/friend/whatever.

2. blog about that picture and include a link to our blog, or grab our button.
3. link your blog post up on mr. linky below.
4. visit the other embracers...give each other lots of compliments about how good we look with our greasy hair and sweatpants velour jogging suits on. cause yah, we need a little boost when it's been days since our last shower.
5. have fun!

anderfamilycrew.blogspot.com
By the way, if you have time, you really should go read a little of Emily's family. They have four adorable kiddos and are in the process of adopting a fifth one from Africa. They are truly following God's calling for their lives. Be ready to be inspired, encouraged, and maybe a little convicted. Obeying God's commands are not always easy or in the "plan" for your life, but He is the one in control!

Okay, so now it's two weeks later and a Thursday again. I just wanted to share that I'm losing my mind some days. I went to the freezer this morning to get out my giant back of chicken leg quarters to boil, make stock, and use for dinner, and that bag was no where to be found. I asked Matthew if he put it in the big freezer- nope. I checked in the car--not still there from Monday either, thank goodness. So, I guess it got left at Kroger. I paid for it too...I check my receipt. Guess I'll go back today and see if they'll pity me and give me another bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment