Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our 2 Month Schedule




Well, I awhile back I did our newborn schedule, and our daily routine has changed a bit since then. Eli usually wakes up between 5-6, and after a quick feeding, sleeps for about an hour. Then he wakes up around 7, and I bring him to bed with me. I feed him again, and he will fall back asleep until 9 or so. Sometimes I go back to sleep with him. When he wakes up again, you guessed it, I feed him again, and then we play for awhile. This usually means he flails around on his play mat, and then we try a little tummy time, which he loathes. He usually tries once or twice to lift his head, and then he will just lay there for the remainder of the time, or start to cry.

( bad quality- taken with phone)
Around 10-11, Eli gets a bath, which he loves now. He will just hang out in the warm water and relax while we sing songs. He tries to squirm his way down into the water so his whole body is covered, but I won't let him b/c then his mouth gets in the water.

Sometime around noon, we either go run an errand or two, or we go on a walk. I need the sunshine and the workout!

Most days, he will take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, sometimes earlier or later, just depending. He is then awake most of the night, where Daddy and I take turns hanging out with him while the other one tries to get some stuff done ( I shower!, get dinner ready, let husband grill dinner, do laundry with two hands!, etc.).


He may take a 20-30 minute snooze around 6 or so, but then he's up and ready to party until about 10. I give his his last feeding around then, and we can usually put him to bed around 11 or so. Then Hot Hubby and I get about 6 glorious hours of sleep!

Sometimes he will have an off-night, and I will get up around 3 or so, but for the most part, I can't complain! I'm going to enjoy these nights, b/c I hear it gets worse again when they start teething! We go to the doctor again on June 7th for the dreaded shots and 2 month check-up, and I can't wait to see what he weighs and how long he is...he's got his momma's long legs for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like my days!! Except Cooper's big nap isn't until around 4 pm! We should really get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my life is about to change huh? Are you going to stay home with him or go back to work eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! I just love him and can't wait to meet him! Every picture is just so stinkin cute! Especially the booty and yawn pictures! It must be hard to pick! Also, loved the video! The end was the best part where he was smiling and laughing

    ReplyDelete