Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Diagnose My Child Please.

Teething!!???!! Is that even possible? My little man has been SUPER fussy lately..the littlest things seem to upset him when he normally wouldn't get upset. He's had a slight fever for a couple days here and there, and is waking up more at night lately. He is a drooling mess, and chomps on his hands, my shirts, his toys, anything he can. It seems to me that these are all the signs of teething, but I feel like it's a bit early. I can't see any little "pearls" on his gums, but every other sign points to yes. He has also decided he needs to be held from about 6-11:30 every evening. Not just held, but bounced. I am getting a great workout at night (let's just all pretend I'm really burning calories so I don't have to REALLY work out). Okay thanks.

P.S. CONGRATS to Jessie and Evan for having Eli's future girlfriend. Audrey is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her! Eli will be on his best behavior, we hope promise.

3 comments:

  1. Jane- I don't think it's too early...Cooper is the same way...he chokes himself from eating his hands! I've heard they can start teething as early as 2 to 3 months, but it takes a while for their actual teeth to come in. Have to tried giving him some tylenol? We have been putting Coop's dummys (pacifiers...I call them dummys b/c i think its funny!) in the freezer and then give them to him and he seems to like that. He chomps down on them. Also, we got a gel teething ring from walmart he likes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, friend! It sounds like your teething journey has begun.

    I've heard (take that for what it's worth) that teething feels like an itching sensation, so sometimes I would wrap my finger in a thin cloth and rub on the boys gums really firmly. Maybe it helped? It seemed to momentarily, and might help you out in a pinch. Other than that, it sounds like you're doing all the right things--tylenol, teething rings, and other stuff to chew on. You're a good momma, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Jane! The last part (being held and bounced) sounds like a majority of my days now! She does not like to be put down! But that's ok, I can stand to snuggle with her at all times!

    ReplyDelete