Thursday, December 16, 2010

let's Move On.

Now that that last post is off my chest, let's move on, shall we? I am not a winter gal. I love living in the South. I love that some Christmas days can be spent outside throwing a frisbee with my husband and family. I love flip-flops, and shorts, and tan skin, and pools, and beaches, and sunshine. Winter depresses me. Seasonal depression is real, I'm telling ya.


While I'm stuck inside with my wild man more days than I would like right now (hello 11 degrees!), I daydream of this coming summer. I can't wait to soak up the sun with my soon-to-be toddler (what??!!). I see pool days with Aunt Leah, outings to the zoo, stroller walks in the mornings, planting vegetables in our garden, buying a baby pool for lazy backyard days, hikes in Cades Cove, and so much more. I see library days, and popsicles, bare feet, and sunscreen.

I'm excited to take our little buck to new adventures and his reactions to new things. We are going to have so much fun, and I only have to wait another three or four months through this gloomy gloom. :)

1 comment:

  1. Seasonal depression IS real. I often find myself in a funk b/c of the cold gloomy weather. This girl loves summer too and thrives off the sunshine! At least winters in the south don't last too long! :)

    ReplyDelete