Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fickle Finicky Forecasts.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. We're busy people these days, with the tissue pom-pom making, cake baking and decorating, errand running, banner making, flower planting, and the cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. I always think I can deep-clean my house on Saturdays and just "tidy up" over the next week. Inevitably, my house turns back into a disaster zone. So, today is a big cleaning day, and tomorrow, more cake baking and decorating, and Friday, the big grocery shopping day for the birthday party. We're up to our eyeballs in black and yellow decor, and this party planning is helping to take my mind off the fact that my sweet newborn is in actually a TODDLER, and will be a whole year old tomorrow!

I am in complete denial and so darn proud all at the same time. I've been rocking him to sleep many nap times these days, and taking deep breaths of his sweet head, trying to bottle it all up in my memory. Somehow I feel that something huge will happen to my baby when he turns one, but in reality, I know the day after will be pretty much the same as the day before. My baby is growing up, and it makes me proud, and happy, and breaks my heart all at the same time.

Please send out a little prayer for some nice weather this Saturday. This weather is finicky, and has poured down rain most days this week. The weather report used to say 73 and sunny. Yesterday it said 44 and snow showers. Today we're back to 55 and partly cloudy. I'm thinking 26 adults and 10 kids will do much better playing in our backyard in the warm sunshine than cooped up in our little house.

A post with no pictures? Not possible I know. I'll be back later with some pics, but wanted to say a quick hello while I had the time. Back to the sweepin', washin', moppin', and decoratin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment