As of my last week's doctor's appointment, my doctor told me that she would like to induce on the 24th...THIS WEDNESDAY! That's only about 6 days away! I told her I needed to think about it. I originally had a birth plan I wanted to stick to--stay at home as long as possible when contractions start, be in the comfort of my own home for awhile, etc. My OB is going out of town April 1-6, so if I wait to go into labor, and am late like most first-time mommas are, then she will not be here to deliver me...I will have a stranger bringing this sweet boy into the world. Does that bother me? I don't know.
I have read that if I am artificially induced, labors are typically longer, harder, and more likely to end up in a c-section...all three of which don't sound fun at all. I know some people who have been induced and delivered naturally just a few hours later, so I know there is no way to know what it will be like. When we went to the doctor yesterday, we told her we would like another appt. earlier next week, and an ultrasound to see what Eli's estimated weight is, and would like to be checked to see where I am in terms of progress. As of yesterday, there was none. If he is still little and there is no progress next week, I may just wait it out, and let him come when he is ready. Opinions? Experiences? Anyone...anyone?