Friday, January 28, 2011

Jesus Calling and a prayer for Sara.

I requested and received this book for Christmas and am loving it. The author, Sarah Young, decided to be still and listen to the words that landed on her heart from God. She wrote them down in this book, which is more of a daily devotional.

Here's January 27th, which after my last post dealing with learning to rely on God and trust He will take care of us in this life, I thought this entry really applied to me!

Trust is a golden pathway to Heaven. When you walk on this path, you live above your circumstances. My glorious Light shines more brightly on those who follow this path of Life. Dare to walk on the high road with Me, for it is the most direct route to heaven. The low road is circuitous: twisting and turning in agonizing knots. There the air hangs heavy, and dark, ominous clouds predominate. Relying on your own understanding will weigh you down. Trust in Me absolutely, and I will make your path straight.

John 14:1-2- 1Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you

Proverbs 3:5-6- 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

On the same note, I need to learn to trust in Him in ALL aspects of my life. When I feel less than equipt to be the kind of mother and wife I wish to be, when I get frustrated with family, when I try to plan, plan, and plan again for my future, and especially when I try to understand why people get sick.

I've mentioned Sara before, but it's important enough to mention again. Sara is the wife of Brian, and momma to two young boys, Scott and Camden. She has been diagnosed with stage four (the "highest" stage) of colon cancer. It has spread to her liver as well, and she needs all of our prayers. She has a website, and I would strongly ask everyone of you to pray for Sara daily, , visit her Caring Bridge website, and leave her a little message encouraging her and letting her know you are praying for her.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarawalker

God is good. He can move mountains, and is the ultimate physician. Although I don't understand whybad things happen to faithful people like Sara, I still trust in Him and pray that healing is in His will for her.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus Calling has been one of the biggesst blessings in my life. Isn't it amazing how each one is pertinent in your life at just the right time?

    So sorry to hear about Sara. May God's peace and healing reign over her and her family at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete