Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kicks, Rolls, and Hiccups.


Is it weird that I miss this a little? This was the end of week 38, and I remember feeling kind of miserable. But do you know what I mainly remember? Little kicks from sweet feets, and rolls from precious arms, and hiccups that made my belly jump.

There is something incredibly special about growing a life inside of you that makes me want to do it again, and again, and again. It also makes me want to tell every mother I meet on the street how amazing they are. Your body grew a life!! An actual human life!

Now that our little boy is out of my belly, he is still doing acrobatics and hiccuping all the time. Matth and I will just sit and stare at his little features and murmur to eachother how he used to fit in my belly. How he would kick in response to our warm hands. How we wondered what he would look like for hours. How we prayed over every finger and toe and hair on his head. Then my husband will look up at me and whisper, "Can you believe we made him? He's so perfect. He's beautiful."

And during those times, I want to have about 10 million more beautiful babies with this beautiful man I love.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful and amazing?! Experiencing pregnancy and childbirth makes me wonder how there is anyone alive who doesn't believe in God. Even more, I wonder how anyone could believe we got here from a big bang...I mean, really.

    ReplyDelete