Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pretty Dish.

Now that the weather is changing, and we can't grill every night, I am back in charge of dinners. I get bored pretty quickly, and I'm not a huge fan of casseroles, so I am always looking for good, fast meals to make while bouncing a fussy baby during his witching hour. :)

I made this last night, and it's becoming one of my favorite pastas. Now, here's the warning: it's not good for you. There's heavy cream involved. Yep, I said it. Heavy cream.

Now that we're past the bad news, here's the good news: heavy cream makes meals delicious. I love it.

First, cook about 4 slices of bacon until crisp in a large pan. Set them aside for later. Reserve about 1 TB of the bacon grease in pan, and add about 1/2 cup of pine nuts and 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms. P.S. Pine nuts can be expensive. Get a pot of water boiling for the noodles at the same time.

After you saute those around until the mushrooms look tasty and the pine nuts are golden brown, add the chopped bacon slices, 1 1/2 cups of the heavy delicious cream, and a dash of salt and pepper.

Bring that sauce to a boil, and stir until the sauce thickens just a little. Turn the stove down to low and add 2 medium chopped tomatoes. The recipe says to remove the seeds of the tomatoes. Some I did, and some I didn't. I'm lazy like that.

Now that the sauce is ready, add 8 ounces of dried spinach fettucine to the boiling water. It takes about 3 minutes to get tender. Drain and add to the sauce. Mix.

Transfer to a dish ( I prefer a bowl so I can practically drink up the cream) and add a little shredded (we used grated) parmesan cheese and more S & P if you want some.

Last note: I sauteed up some chicken in the pan and added that to for my meat-loving husband, but I like it w/o the chicken.

That's it! Pretty easy, and so very good! Matth says it's one of his favorite pastas, so hopefully you will like it too! Let me know if you try it. And I wish I had a picture for you, but I made it last night, and it's about 7 in the morning and I forgot to take any pictures. Trust me--it's a pretty dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment